Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Photo Shoots and Discovery Channel’s Doomsday Preppers


Sunday of this week, I took my family out into the wilds of my current post and did a little impromptu photo shoot.  I was stopped by cops and questioned.  It’s ironic how military training can go on all over post, but as soon as you step outside to conduct a little survival training (er…photography) you get the tenth degree.  I can walk around with knives and blades and march down a road by myself with an assault rifle, but I’m getting water-boarded for hanging out on the trails around post.   
Bunker 1
Bunker 2
Gear Shot 1
Gear Shot 2
Goofing Off
On to the point….I will continue conducting photo shoots and posting the pictures up for all of you to see.  Throughout the following week I will break down the items used in the photo shoot and give you a basic “review” of the item.  For more complex items, (such as weapons) I will also include any technical drawings I can scrounge up, field stripping procedures and any other information that I believe could be of use to you and your family.

Yesterday was terrible, so unfortunately no post and now I am a bit behind.  I’ll try to catch up a bit tomorrow.

Fitness for the day (remember Fitness is the F in “FAST”) was focused around chest and biceps.  I still have to upload all my data to Bodybuilding.com which is a great website for the record.  If you are more interested in fitness than you are all the rest of “DEEP_FAST” it would be a great site for you.  If you aren’t into fitness you should be, if you aren’t fit enough to carry your Bug Out Bag or defend your family, what is the point of prepping to begin with.  If this describes you, please just send me your prepping gear and any money you plan to spend in the future, because someone is just going to waste you and take your gear.  If you send it to me, I can do a review and everyone wins!

Doomsday Preppers was on the Discovery Channel today.  If you haven’t seen it yet, I highly suggest you watch the show.  I’ve even learned and re-learned some survival skills.  It is full of great ideas and showcases a wide range of prepper ideologies.

The breakdown of items used in the shoot will begin tomorrow.  Prep yourselves for information download, and yes, the corny pun was intended.


NOTE: I did not actually get water-boarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment